[Mimedefang] relay_by_domain, aliasing and SpamAssassin question

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Oct 9 09:15:40 EDT 2002

>From: "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>
>
> > The plan is to make this a mailhub/relay relaying mail for four
> > different internal sub-domains.  So I would do alias expansion to
> > deliver the mail to the final server.  The problem is that each internal
> > domain wants to use a different SA threshold and scores/rules.
>
> Why not do the SA checking on each internal server?  It's certainly
> the simplest way.

I'm running MimeDefang on the internet relay host to avoid checking
internal -> internal messages.  We have a lot of traffic on internal lists
and from  system notification message that would be expensive to scan.
The threshold issue can be handled by making score easier to parse
as discussed in another thread if you can get some agreement on rules.

  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com