[Mimedefang] headers after multiple passes

Richard Cooper ric at digital-animations.com
Wed Oct 9 05:53:01 EDT 2002

> Anyone who discovers what header you're using can add it
> (though it seems
> pointless to do so), leading to mail being mis-categorized.
>
> The only safe way is to delete all existing X-Spam-Score headers
> first (using the technique in
> http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2002-Octo
ber/002636.html)
and then to add your own X-Spam-Score header.

This is the best way, for me at least. We use Outlook exclusively (the
benefits of shared calendar, mailboxes and contacts, etc outway the
risks) and its filtering is very poor, no regexp or scripting, just
predefined 'wizard' based rules (ie check headers for xxxx, move mail to
xxxx).

Does that script have to be placed anywhere in particular in the filter?

Cheers
Ric