[Mimedefang] MD 2.21 help request

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 6 05:13:01 EDT 2002

>From: Tony Nugent <tony at linuxworks.com.au>
>
>Personally, I wouldn't want a web server to give raw access to
>anything in the quarantine directory.

Maybe I should have said that I'm intending to secure access to that
directory.  I want to make life easier for me, while still keeping people
away from the spam :-)

>What I'm doing is diverting all email flagged as spam (or viruses)
>into a separate local mailbox used for this purpose (I call it
>"spammer").

I thought about that.  Trouble is it means it clogs up my mailbox that way.
Well, that and the fact that I feel the need to play :-)

>In your situation, if you diverted quarantined messages like this
>and set up an imap-based webmail utility, you can get easy access to
>your quarantined mail from the spammer mailbox.

Thanks for the suggestion, I may look down that route eventually.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?