[Mimedefang] MD 2.21 help request

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Fri Oct 4 20:48:01 EDT 2002

On Fri Oct 04 2002 at 17:21, "Rob MacGregor" wrote:

> I've set MD 2.21 up on a FreeBSD 4.6.2 box to quarantine any email that
> SpamAssassin rates over 10 hits (nothing legitimate usually rates over 5 for
> my setup), and to drop that message.  I can then go and have a look and
> report it using spamcop.net (or possibly send it on).
>
> Now, I'm running a web server on that box already, so what I'd really like
> to do is provide access via the web server to the quarantined files (so I
> don't have to login and read the mail).  Ideally I'd like to change the
> location and permissions the quarantine files are written with.  However
> just to be portable, I'd like to do this from within a filter, ie not hack
> MD itself.
>
> Has anybody done this (I see somebody's done it for attachments) already?
> If not can anybody give me pointers?

Personally, I wouldn't want a web server to give raw access to
anything in the quarantine directory.

What I'm doing is diverting all email flagged as spam (or viruses)
into a separate local mailbox used for this purpose (I call it
"spammer").

In your situation, if you diverted quarantined messages like this
and set up an imap-based webmail utility, you can get easy access to
your quarantined mail from the spammer mailbox.

> Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Tony