[Mimedefang] GraphDefang 0.3 Release

John Kirkland jpk at bl.org
Fri Oct 4 14:54:00 EDT 2002

All,

I'm now ready to release GraphDefang v0.3.

This release works against the log files that can now be created with
mimedefang-2.22, which is in BETA.

You can see some live sample charts at:

http://www.westover.org/~jpk/spam

You can download GraphDefang from:

http://www.bl.org/~jpk/graphdefang

There are numerous other changes, listed below:

* Added data caching so that we don't have to recalculate summaries
  for previously seen log messages.

* Added a database trim ability to trim out older detailed data
  from summary database.

* Added command line options to graphdefang.pl for help, quiet,
  nodb, trim, and file.

* Added config file for configuring graphs

* Added 'all' option for data_types

* Added regex filtering (say, to only show recipients from a
  given domain when showing a stacked bar by recipient)

* Added more default colors

* Fixed a bug in the syslog parsing code for single digit days of
  the month.

* Fixed a bug in the Totals on the spam and virus summary chart
  where it was totalling counts that were outside of the time span
  of the given chart.

* Fixed a bug in the Legend Code, where old legends were not cleared
  out when creating new ones.

Best Regards,
John Kirkland