[Mimedefang] When to restart?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Oct 3 17:50:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>     When, and how, should one restart MD?  Obviously whenever I make
> changes to my mimedefang-filter, MD would need to be restarted.  The
> same goes if I change my sendmail .mc files, but what about making
> changes to sa-mimedefang.cf ?  Should MD be restarted then too?

Yes.  Depending on your OS, one of:

	/etc/init.d/mimedefang reread

	/etc/mail/mimedefang-ctrl reread

	kill -INT _pid_of_multiplexor_

is the best way to do it.  A reread (basically, send an INT signal to
the multiplexor) is cheap and safe, and sufficient if you've only
changed filter rules or SA configuration.