[Mimedefang] Boilerplate Vanished

Richard Cooper ric at digital-animations.com
Thu Oct 3 09:32:02 EDT 2002

[*embarrassed cough*]

OK, so I went back to this, cd'd to /etc/mail and behold, there was a new copy of mimedefang-filter obviously installed there (instead of /usr/local/etc/mimedefang) when I rebuilt.

I'm not really sure why the second mimedefang-filter didn't show up during my 'find' but there you go.

Sorry to anyone who wasted time reading my previous mail.

Whilst I'm here though...I'm not really a Perl person but I would like the boilerplate text added only to outgoing mail - as I see it at the moment, since this is a mail relay it will add the footer to all emails, incoming and outgoing. The machine mimedefang runs on is a simple mail relay (it relays to and from an Exchange Server sitting the other side of a Firewall). It seems the best way to check for mail going out from our domain would be to check the envelope 'from' header but maybe I'm reinventing the wheel (with out any wheel design skills). Does anyone have an example script for this, or something similar. Since I am new to Mimedefang and not very experienced with Perl, even suggestions or advice on this would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Ric