[Mimedefang] MD 2.21 problem with Anomy::HTMLCleaner

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 02:23:00 EDT 2002

I'm running MD 2.21 on FreeBSD 4.6.2 (Perl 5.6.1) and it's been working just
fine for some time now.  In a fit of insanity (ignoring the old maxim of "If
it works, don't mess with it") I decided to add in Anomy::HTMLCleaner and
grabbed V1.16 from
http://mailtools.anomy.net/dist/anomy-HTMLCleaner-1.16.tar.gz (as posted
previously on the list).

Now when Anomy kicks in I get the following error message logged:

Slave 0 stderr: Use of uninitialized value at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl
line 3787, <IN> chunk 2.

This occurs for chunks 2 to 16 for my test email (which is a trivial HTML
email).

A quick check of the code indicates it's this section that's causing the
message:

    while ($t = $l . <IN>) {
        $l = $cleaner->clean(\$t);
        print OUT $t;
    }

However, my perl knowledge is zero so I don't understand what's going on :-(

Has anybody else seen this?  Should I be doing something different to get
this working?

TIA

Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?