[Mimedefang] Problem with MD 2.4 - too many open files?

Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be Karel.DeBruyne at ua.ac.be
Tue Nov 12 04:39:00 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za wrote:

> Do you think the mixed compiler versions is causing
>
>      mimedefang[11167]:[mail.warning] Could not create
>      /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-3DCA3219-0: Too many open files
>
> error?
>
> The "Too many open files" problem seems to be in the "mimdefang.c" milter.

I had the same problem on my server (Solaris 7)

It was solved by moving the proxyserver software (which was on the same
server) to another server...

Have you got other "heavy" applications on this server ?

Karel
Karel De Bruyne
System/Network Manager                      phone      + 32 3 820 22 04
UIA - Network Service                       fax        + 32 71 83 43 00
Universiteitsplein 1 - B0.12                email  dbruyne at uia.ua.ac.be
B 2610 Wilrijk - Belgium              http://www.uia.ua.ac.be/u/dbruyne