[Mimedefang] Not filtering outbound mail

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Nov 8 15:19:00 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Matt A. Gargett wrote:

> I already have an exception for not spamassassin scanning this mail.  Where
> would I add in my mimedefang-filter for not scanning mail at all coming from
> a specific relay host?

Well, as you say, a:

	return if $LocalRelayAddrs{$RelayAddr};

would help, but you actually want to completely avoid even invoking
MIMEDefang.  By the time your filter gets invoked, a considerable amount
of CPU time has already been spent getting the message to MIMEDefang and
firing up a scan.

Is there any way you can route outbound mail via a different server so
milter isn't even involved?