[Mimedefang] Problem with MD 2.4 - too many open files?

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Fri Nov 8 10:22:01 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za wrote:

> I also had some perl issues with building some of the prerequisite packages
>      h2ph was faulty - used a fixed version from a later perl release
>      The Sun supplied perl was compiled by Sun using their compiler not gcc
>      managed to get around that by changing optimization flags in Make
> files.

   I ran across that too, with my Sun machine.  Most people I contacted
seemed to think that it's a bad idea to mix compilers like that (perl
compiled under one and modules under another).  If you can't get access
to Sun's cc compiler, then you probably ought to look in to building a
separate copy of perl with gcc and make sure that's the perl you call when
you do the "perl Makefile.PL" when building a module.

Jim