[Mimedefang] Size and scaling questions

Ingeborg Hellemo Ingeborg.Hellemo at cc.uit.no
Fri Nov 29 02:12:01 EST 2002

nik.clayton at citigroup.com said:
> Or just symlink /var/spool/MIMEDefang to somewhere that's already a
> tmpfs filesystem (like, say, /tmp :-) ).

I'm running FreeBSD and have installed Mimedefang from ports. My
/var/spool/MIMEDefang is symlinked somwhere else in the file system. The
problem is that when I upgrade Mimedefang using portupgrade this symlink
disappears and /var/spool/MIMEDefang is created as a directory.

I guess this is mostly a "feature" with the FreeBSD port, but does anyone have
an idea about what I can do to prevent this?

--Ingeborg
--
Ingeborg Østrem Hellemo  --  ingeborg at cc.uit.no  (Univ. of Tromsø, Norway)