[Mimedefang] RE: mrtg?

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Nov 27 13:01:01 EST 2002

I just started playing around with MRTG yesterday.

Check out:
   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/links.html
Particularly the section Monitoring Application Performance.

There is a link there for a sendmail mrtg program:
   http://www.earlham.edu/~littejo/software/mrtg-mailstats.html
Which I downloaded and installed yesterday, still need to tweak it some.

I also see a link in that section to monitor spamassassin, but it
appears to use the spamd logs to do it.

I don't think it would be too hard to whip up a script to parse the
necessary log files and present the data to mrtg in the format it wants
(but not something I want to do right now).  In the meantime, I like
what graphdefang does and am currently using it.

Various performance graphs from my personal website as examples:
   http://www.carpenter.cx/graphdefang/
   http://www.carpenter.cx/mrtg/
   http://www.carpenter.cx/portscans/
   http://www.carpenter.cx/usage/

I am still trying to figure out MRTG, so I don't understand why my
graphs look the way they do.

Troy
troy at carpenter.cx