[Mimedefang] Configuring when MD runs

listuser at neo.pittstate.edu listuser at neo.pittstate.edu
Sun Nov 24 11:43:00 EST 2002

The subject is great.  I can't think of any short way to describe my
question.

I noticed this morning that the direct4optin.com had 30 or so connections
open to one of my servers like they usually do.  I've got entries in my
Sendmail ACL for their domains and netblocks.  Their mail gets blocked, at
least it always has been.  I got MD with SA running on that box last
night too.  What I also noticed this morning was that besides there being
30 Sendmail processes, there were also 30 MD processes.  Because of that I
believe MD is either running before my basic Sendmail ACL checks or is
being run regardless of what those ACLs report.  I'm running

sendmail 8.12.6
mimedefang 2.26
all the updated perl moduless
spamassassin 2.43

I'm running with delay_checks enabled too.

FEATURE(`delay_checks', `friend')

I'm also using 15 DNSBls.  I imagine spamhaus or spews has these guys
listed as well.

Is there a way to have Sendmail not run MD if a DNSBL or ACL already say
to reject it?  Thanks

Justin