[Mimedefang] Outlook 2002 client and Yahoo Mail client

Rohit Goyal rohitwpi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 17:59:00 EST 2002

--- Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: Rohit Goyal <rohitwpi at yahoo.com>
> >
> >Outlook 2002 and Yahoo Mail think that there is an
> >attachment to the emails when I use this filter.
> >There are no attachments.  Outlook 2002 actually
> >removes the attachment link when the email is
> openned.
> >
> >I was wondering why this was happening?
>
> Details of the attachment?
>
> If you do a search Outlook help you'll discover that
> this is a deliberate
> feature (search for Attachment Security).  Outlook
> (well, some versions) now
> blocks certain attachment types in an attempt to
> reduce the spread of
> malicious code.
>

>   Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless
> it's a privacy issue.
>        Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't
> read the above.
> --
> Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't
> understand?

Well here is the problem.  When I send email I want to
append some text to the email.  I have been able to
figure out how to do that.  The thing that I do not
understand is why outlook and yahoo mail think there
is an attachment when there I only appended some text
to the email.  The paperclip signifies that there is
an attachment.  Once I open the email the paper clip
disappears and then outlook does not think there is an
attachment (because there really isn't one).  When I
use netscape mail or outlook express they do not see
that the email has an attachment.  I find this a
strange problem and I think it might have to do with
the boilerplate function.

Rohit

=====
Rohit Goyal