[Mimedefang] mimedefang and spamassassin (not tagging subject lines)

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 12:45:34 EST 2002

>From: "Mark Olton" <mdolton at ucdavis.edu>
>
>I've just setup mimedefang and spamassassin, and it seems to be working for
>the most part.  Can anyone tell me how to get it to tag the subject lines
>of
>suspected spam messages?  Everyone tells me that this is the default
>behavior, but for me it's not.  I get a spam report in the body of the
>messages and in an attachment as well, but it will not tag the subject,
>even
>though I have set rewrite_subject to 1 in
>/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.  Any ideas?

I use the following line in the section of mimedefang-filter that puts the
various header lines in:

  action_change_header("Subject", "SPAM ($hits): $Subject");

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?