[Mimedefang] CAN WE CHECK IN THE MESSAGE BODY ???

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Nov 19 18:32:01 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Luis Vazquez wrote:

> Thanks for the fast response. You're a very helpful resource. do you know if
> I can also look for a specific word in the message body as I'm doing in the
> $Header variable after using your example ???

Well, that's a bit tricker.  You can get at the raw (un-decoded MIME) body
by opening the file INPUTMSG:

	if (open(IN, "<INPUTMSG")) {
		# Read lines from file-handle IN
		close(IN);
	}

If you want the decoded MIME parts, you have to open all the files in the
./Work directory and read them one-by-one.  In the filter routine,
you can open the entity's body file and read that.  Or, in filter_end, you
have to go through the message structure using the MIME::Tools functions.
It probably means reading a lot of man pages. :-)