[Mimedefang] Mimedefang multiplexor error

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Nov 18 10:54:00 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Duong, Dat (NIH/CIT) wrote:

> I'm running Linux Redhat 7.3 with sendmail 8.12.5

This is a libmilter issue.  If thread_create() fails often enough, it
kills all the milters and terminates.  In Sendmail 8.12.6, see
libmilter/listener.c lines 826-846.  I'm not really sure how you can
fix this, other than to reduce MaxDaemonChildren (in sendmail.cf) so
you don't get too many milter threads.

In my opinion, this is a bug in the milter library.