[Mimedefang] external filter and binary parts

Rudolph Pereira rudolph at usyd.edu.au
Wed Nov 13 00:47:01 EST 2002

Hello,
I'm currently attempting to track down a problem I'm having when calling
the action_external_filter on parts (in filter()). My call to the
external filter is actually tar-ing up the part (hence completely
replacing it), but unfortunately it
seems that mimedefang (I suppose through mime-tools) isn't properly
encoding the tar (binary). Am I correct in thinking this isn't the right
thing, or is it my/the responsibility of my filter code to encode it as
part of the filter "call"? That is, does mimedefang assume the part is in
text/encoded format?

Any information about this would be appreciated.
Thanx