[Mimedefang] Seperate Quarantine Report Address

Lee S. Whatley lee at bcc.cba.ua.edu
Mon Nov 11 17:57:00 EST 2002

Hello,

I've been using MIMEDefang for about a month now and was tired of the
admin email address I specified with "$AdminAddress" getting the
quarantine reports.  Basically I only wanted to have to look at those
reports if I needed to rescue a quarantined attachment for a user.  I
couldn't find a way to seperate who gets the quarantine reports and who
gets listed as the admin contact for MIMEDefang, so I wrote a patch to
create 2 new variables: $QuarantineAdminAddress and
$QuarantineAdminName.  I also changed mimedefang.pl to email the
quarantine reports to this user by default, but still list $AdminAddress
and $AdminName as the contacts for help.

If there is a way to do this already without having to patch the code
please let me know.  Attached is a copy of the patch (or if it gets
filtered you can view it at
http://www.cba.ua.edu/~spaff/mimedefang.pl.quarantineadmin.patch)

Thanks,

-Lee S. Whatley