[Mimedefang] Debugging logging to a file ... permissions

Ian McDonald ian at londontown.com
Sat Nov 9 07:39:01 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm putting my filter_end into a file. It imports some OO perl modules which
exchange information to a database. I would really like to do debugging
logging.

When I run the filter as myself, it opens and closes the files normally.

When I run it as mimedefang, it doesn't even obey the chmod command, but
opens a 0600 file, owned by mimedefang, which turns out to only have one
line: "<filename>: Permission denied."

I cannot call mimedefang routines from my modules, so the file logging - or
calling syslog directly - seem to be my only ways of logging. Does
MimeDefang do some funky permissions stuff that stop included modules from
opening /tmp/$$.log and writing to it?

Thanks,

Ian