[Mimedefang] Problem with MD 2.4 - too many open files?

Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za Alberto.daSilva at rmb.co.za
Fri Nov 8 12:17:01 EST 2002

>> I also had some perl issues with building some of the prerequisite
packages
>>      h2ph was faulty - used a fixed version from a later perl release
>>      The Sun supplied perl was compiled by Sun using their compiler not
gcc
>>      managed to get around that by changing optimization flags in Make
>> files.
>
>   I ran across that too, with my Sun machine.  Most people I contacted
>seemed to think that it's a bad idea to mix compilers like that (perl
>compiled under one and modules under another).  If you can't get access
>to Sun's cc compiler, then you probably ought to look in to building a
>separate copy of perl with gcc and make sure that's the perl you call when
>you do the "perl Makefile.PL" when building a module.
>
>Jim

Thanks for the tip.
I see there is some info on http://www.sunfreeware.com/notes.html#perl580

Do you think the mixed compiler versions is causing

     mimedefang[11167]:[mail.warning] Could not create
     /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-3DCA3219-0: Too many open files

error?

The "Too many open files" problem seems to be in the "mimdefang.c" milter.

Alberto