[Mimedefang] minor(?) Problem with MIME/Parser/Filer.pm

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Thu Nov 7 17:01:22 EST 2002

Hi David,

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:53:34PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>
> > Nov 6 10:14:06 ux-2s02 mimedefang-multiplexor: [ID 980602 mail.info] Slave
> > 1 stderr: ignoring text in character set `WINDOWS-1252'
>
> MIME::Tools is probably a bit buggy.  I think I've fixed most of the
> really bad bugs with my RP-Patched version, but it really needs
> a thorough rewrite.
>
> Volunteers? :-)

Mailscanner's author (Julian Field) also tried to fix the problem :
<<
Date:         Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:46:14 +0100
From: Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
Subject: Re: error form my desktop server
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

At 16:44 02/10/2002, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Anybody can help me about this
>
>"ignoring text in character set `WINDOWS-1252'
> at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/MIME/Parser/Filer.pm line 646"

I've been trying to find a solution to this one for ages.
If anyone out there reckons they are pretty good at Perl and fancies
working out how the Parser/Filer stuff in MIME-tools works, and come up
with a fix for this, I would be most grateful!

Lately, he found some work-around :
<<