[Mimedefang] Powerful anti-spam rule :-)

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Thu Nov 7 13:55:01 EST 2002

"David F. Skoll" wrote:
> In the development of CanIt, I've discovered a really powerful
> anti-spam rule:
>
> For the following domains:
>
>         aol.com
>         earthlink.net
>         hotmail.com
>         yahoo.com
>
> Reject mail unless the relay machine resolves to one whose name
> ends in the same domain.

There's at least one MSN mailing list with a Hotmail return address
which is not actually mailed through a Hotmail server.  I had upped the
score for a forged Hotmail "Received" header in SpamAssassin, and got a
number of messages from customers who were signed up for that list.

And, of course, I then had to whitelist that address for those users.
:/

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.