[Mimedefang] Installed on FreeBSD, but not working

Jason Maskell mimedefang at avsblitz.com
Mon Nov 4 21:59:01 EST 2002

Resending, since I sent from the wrong address the first time..

--

I read a few threads just like this in the archives before I posted, I
swear!

SpamAssassin was installed successfully, and testing it with spamassassin -t
works fine.

Mimedefang was installed with pkg_add from the ports archive, and installed
successfully. The filter was also supposedly added to the sendmail config
(my admin did it)

There is a default filter in the proper directory that looks like it should
work.. The SA filter is also in the spamassassin subdir and looks like it
should be fine.

But here's the thing - no "X-Scanned-By" or whatever header gets added to
any email passing through that box. Obvious spam doesn't get tagged as
obvious spam..

So, it's not working.. What can I do to diagnose the problem, in detail? Is
it the sendmail filter entry? I assume he used this example that came up
after the pkg_add:

--
2. Reconfigure sendmail to use MIMEDefang, for example add this lines to
   your sendmail.mc:

   MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=local:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock,
F=T, T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
   define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `mimedefang')dnl

   rebuild sendmail.cf and install it.

--

Is there anything there that could bite us in the ass?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Jason