[Mimedefang] Missing Sys::Syslog error while installing mimedefang

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Sun Nov 3 20:35:01 EST 2002

> checking for Perl module Sys::Syslog... configure: warning: *** Error
trying
> use Perl module Sys::Syslog
> configure: warning: *** Make sure the following Perl modules are
installed:
> configure: warning: *** MIME::Tools version 5.410 or higher (5.411a
> recommended)
> configure: warning: *** MIME::WordDecoder
> configure: warning: *** Digest::SHA1
> configure: warning: *** Sys::Syslog
>

> So my system is missing Sys::Syslog. Where can I get it? Why was this
not on
> the prerequisite list?

Sys:Syslog is not required for MIMEDefang to work properly.  Check out
the webpage for MIMEDefang at http://www.roaringpenuin.com/mimedefang.
Go down the page and you will see a listing like follows:

(Optional) The Perl Unix::Syslog module. This is useful on Solaris
machines. It provides an interface to the C library "syslog" call
instead of using a local or UDP socket directly.

It is listed as number 5 under the Prerequisites section.  It is
optional.

Jeff
--
Jeff Grossman (jeff at stikman.com)