[Mimedefang] new user problem - SpamAssassin not work

Jeremy jeremy at electrosilk.net
Thu May 2 07:26:27 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've installed mimedefang on a redhat 7.1/7.2 system using sendmail 8.11 as
provided by RedHat 7.2

I've got mimedefang processing messages using the basic scanner function
provided.  Works great.

I have also installed SpamAssassin as per instructions and running the tests
locally using their sample data I get expected results.

When I included the recommended mimdefang calls to use spamassassin as per
http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto I run into problems with the
message &Mail::SpamAssassin::Version undefined reported in my mail log and
no mail being processed.

I suspect it is a perl problem to do with directories etc.  I have
previously had to alias /usr/local/lib/perl5 to /usr/lib/perl5 to get stuff
to work.  Perhaps this is the cause?

Any help appreciated to sort this out.

I am a perl novice (C++ is my game) , but it actually seems quite nice for
management and maintainability :-)

Jerry

---