[Mimedefang] Tighter filename matching

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu May 30 22:00:29 EDT 2002

"David F. Skoll" wrote:

>     # Do not allow:
>     # - curlies
>     # - bad extensions at end or followed by non-alphanum

    However, this would stop attachments from people on Win32 machines, sending valid files that have (n) (where n is a number) in the name, like when they create a copy of the file with the same file name.  Being a graphics service bureau, we don't expect our client to have a clue about what they're doing unless it's strictly graphics.  So we often get files that have a digit in them:

    copy of image.jpg
    copy (2) of image.jpg

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130