[Mimedefang] FreeBSD port

Andrey V. Pevnev andrey at mgul.ac.ru
Mon May 27 10:55:31 EDT 2002

Hello Graham,

Monday, May 27, 2002, 6:38:59 PM, you wrote:

===>>  Applying FreeBSD patches for mimedefang-2.12
GD> 1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to configure.rej
>>> Patch patch-aa failed to apply cleanly.
GD> *** Error code 1
GD> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang.
GD> configure.rej is
What  patches????  Do you have anything in mimedefang/files instead of
mimedefang.sh ? Any patch-* ? Remove them! They are not in CVS tree. I
have no idea where did you get them.

There is the port sceletion:

mimedefang
mimedefang/files
mimedefang/files/mimedefang.sh
mimedefang/Makefile
mimedefang/distinfo
mimedefang/pkg-comment
mimedefang/pkg-descr
mimedefang/pkg-install
mimedefang/pkg-message
mimedefang/pkg-plist

The easiest solution is to do:

1) rm -rf /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang
2) CVSup ports collection
3) cp -R /usr/local/include/libmilter /usr/include/
4) cp /usr/local/lib/libmilter.a /usr/local/lib/libsm.a /usr/local/lib/libsmutil.a /usr/lib/
5) Build the port

Sendmail  is  built  with  milter  in  4.6  so you can copy this files
without any problems.

But if you REALLY need to build the port with sendmail installed from
ports, I'll fix the port to support it.

--
Best regards,
MSFU LAN Admin