[Mimedefang] suspicious characters

Steve Ladendorf sladendorf at blakeschool.org
Tue May 14 17:02:48 EDT 2002

What is the exact definition of a suspicious character in the body or
header and is there any way to change what MIMEDefang thinks is
suspicious?  Since upgrading to 2.8 I have had several maillist messages
quarantined due to suspicious characters and I would like to be able to
explain to my users why the emails were filtered - or at least change the
definitions to suit our particular needs.  All I can seem to find is that
I could just remove that filter from mimedefang-filter but I would like a
better understanding of what is happening before I just turn that feature
off.

Thanks!

Steve Ladendorf
    Network Manager
sladendorf at blakeschool.org                                        The
Blake School
"I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by".
  --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)