[Mimedefang] problem installing 2.11 - help please

Terry Davis tdavis at approbation.org
Tue May 14 04:22:18 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have been using mimedefang for quite a while now...I am kinda
reluctant to ask for help but I am stumped.  I have installed 8.12.3
sendmail with mimedefang 2.11 on a redhat 7.1 box.  Everything looks
great except that sendmail isn't handing any processing off to
mimedefang for some reason.  I added this to my site.config.m4:
dnl Milter
APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF', `-DMILTER')

this to my sendmail.mc:
divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: generic-linux.mc,v 8.1 1999/09/24 22:48:05 gshapiro Exp $')
OSTYPE(linux)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail', `/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db')dnl
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang', `S=unix:/var/run/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
T=S:60s;R:60s;E:5m')
MAILER(procmail)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

I copied the objects and headers to the appropriate places...

compiled mimedefang with no options (configure && make && make install)

I am using the redhat init script with multiplexor and it starts
everything fine.

Anything I might be missing?

thank you!