[Mimedefang] Another Feature Request

Anthony Slay anthony at ocga.ucsd.edu
Thu May 9 20:40:19 EDT 2002

I, unfortunately, had to revert back to pre-mimedefang because I received
some "451 4.7.1 Please try again later" messages that are kinda
unacceptable when it comes to business here (bummer).  This happened
about 3 or so times today for about a minute at a time.  Spawning too
many slaves just works the cpu even harder.  I'm thinking the error is
caused because my server is just to slow to start slaves, process
the incoming mail and such (40Mhz instead of 99MHz as previously stated).

Anyway, getting to he point, it would be nice if Mimedefang could be run
on a different machine on the network so that machine "A" wanting to use
mimedefang's filtering ability just has to correctly rebuild their
sendmail configuration to use machine "B"'s running mimedefang processes.
This does seem possible but dangerous because of exploits.  What do you
say?  Unreasonable?  I would do it myself, if I had the time.