[Mimedefang] Timeouts

Adam Beatham adam at backboard.org
Tue May 7 11:11:17 EDT 2002

At 10:41 AM 5/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:

the mimedefang (not the multiplexor) process actually dies.  Then the
milter in sendmail fails, because it can't communicate with the mimedefang
process..

>On Tue, 07 May 2002 10:18:48 -0400 Adam Beatham <adam at backboard.org> wrote:
>
> > I run the multiplexor on a relatively slow machine (sparc 5, 85 mhz.  64mb
> > of ram).  And whenever any sizeable messages (i'd say anything over
> 2meg or
> > so). the 'mimedefang' process dies,
>
>Dies or times out?
>
> > any one have any ideas?
>
>Try increasing your timeouts (both for the multiplexor and Sendmail/Milter)

i did that already.  increased -b to 90 and -x to 30, and in sendmail.cf  i
upped everything by 60 seconds.   i can increase it more, that's fine.. i
was just curious if there was anything else i could do, or if anyone
experience(s)d the same problem..

thanks for the help!!
-adam