[Mimedefang] Request for suggestions: releasing quarantined messages

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri May 3 12:30:46 EDT 2002

    I asked this earlier in the week (or was it last week, I forgot) and I'm still faced with this problem.  Basically when a message gets quarantined right now, it sends me (as the administrator) a message telling me that.  And if I deem the message OK, I will release it by executing sendmail within it's quarantined folder.  However, I need some solution to make this available for the actual recipient to do.  I may not always be at the office, or have access to my mail, or the mail server where stuff is being held.

    So, I need of a way where the recipient would get the quarantine message (easy to do), and some solution for them to trigger that message to come through should they want it.  Now, David said authorizing messages through email (via an X-Header flag) is a bad idea because mail can be easily spoofed.  I agree with this.  So what other solutions are there, short from coding some type of (web?) interface that would allow said recipient to discard/authorize or whatever?

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130