[Mimedefang] Date

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Fri Mar 15 12:09:12 EST 2002

Good point.. SpamAssassin really does the best checking in that regard.

If you choose not to use SpamAssassin, I would recommend simply adding a
"This Message Is Spam" header or something along those lines rather than
"eliminating mails" entirely.  This would leave the control to the end
user to take action upon it rather than have the mail system
mysteriously drop messages.

Just to play the devil's advocate, an incorrectly set system clock,
intentionally or otherwise, really is the problem of the sender not the
recipient IMHO.  So if the email gets altered, dropped, ignored,
trashed-n-burned, etc., the 'fault' would lie with the sender, not with
the way the mail system is analyzing & filtering email. (aka: It would
be the sender's own tough luck.  They have the responsibility to keep
their clock reasonably correct if they want to send email around the
internet).

-Rich