[Mimedefang] Spamassassin & MimeDefang

Mike Batchelor mikebat at tmcs.net
Thu Mar 28 17:21:06 EST 2002

--On Thursday, March 28, 2002 5:07 PM -0500 Rich West
<Rich.West at divatv.com> wrote:

> I thought about modifying the filter to allow all email from "ebay.com"
> to come through, but then I thought better of it, since it is really
> spamassassin's job.. it should recognize the setting in spamassassin.cf
> and use that, unless I am missing something here..

That's what I thought, too, but it doesn't seem to apply.  defang_mime = 1
in spamassassin.cf also does nothing when using it with MIMEDefang.  I can
understand that, given the name of the calling Perl module. :)

I think Spamassassin used with MIMEDefang is reduced to "Yay" or "Nay".
But the whitelist ought to be consulted to determine which one to say.

By the way, how do I get MIMEDefang to defang text/html spam into
text/plain?  Both packages are a little short on documentation...

---
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
 -- Kosh