[Mimedefang] Favorite mail client

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Thu Mar 21 15:27:55 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Mickey Hill wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For those of you unfortunate enough to be using Windows, what is your
> favorite mail client?  I'm looking for an alternative to M$ Outlook.
> How is Eudora?  Do we have a decent Open Source choice?

I use Windows as little as possible (like once a month for a few minutes),
but when I'm in there, and when I used to have to use it, I'd use either
Pegasus (www.pmail.com) or Eudora.  Pegasus I love, I used to use Pegasus
for DOS ;-)  The IMAP support isn't too evolved yet, though it's much
improved recently.  Either way you should be good to go.  Neither one was
created by Micro$oft, Pegasus is free, Eudora is potentially free (I think
there's a free way of running it with ads, pay way to run it without,
something like that)....

Nowadays I can't stand Windows even that much.  If I'm on a Windows
machine, I download Putty (freebie ssh client) and ssh into a Linux box,
then use Pine ;-)  Which reminds me, Pine for Windows is basically the
only open source mail client I know of.  There are some free ones (like
Pegasus, Eudora, etc.) but they're all closed source.

  Jason