[Mimedefang] Tons o' problems with multiplexor

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Mar 18 21:32:11 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, McCarthy, Doug FIREWALL wrote:

> I wish I could be more specific.  I really do.  But when you see the

> Mar 19 01:38:57 clio mimedefang[4542]: Could not create
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-3C9696AF-0: File exists

whoahh... looks bad...

It's a long shot, but is it possible you have more than one multiplexor
process running?  That would cause Bad Things to happen.

Second: How reliable is the pthread implementation on your platform?
A flaky threads implementation could cause problems like this.

I've never seen anything like your messages before.  Anyone?