[Mimedefang] Temp files not getting cleaned

McCarthy, Doug FIREWALL dmccart at intel.com
Fri Mar 15 16:01:10 EST 2002

Environment:

MIMEDefang 2.6
Sendmail 8.11.6 (I know....)
Putting temp files in /var/spool/MIMEDefang, with permissions 0700 and owned
by root.wheel
Running MIMEDefang as "/usr/local/bin/mimedefang -p /var/run/mimedefang.sock
&"
	(i.e. not in debug mode)

When mail goes through this particular system, the /var/spool/MIMEDefang
gets all these directories called "mdefang-<code>-0" and
"qdir-<timestamp>-001", with what-should-be-temporary files in them.  But
they're not temporary, in the sense that they're not being deleted.

The mdefang-* and qdir-* directories are all mode 0700 and owned by
root.wheel.  A typical mdefang-* directory has this in it:

-rw-------  1 root  wheel      0 Mar 15 03:22 CHANGED
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     57 Mar 15 03:22 CONTENT-TYPE
-rw-------  1 root  wheel    416 Mar 15 03:22 HEADERS
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     16 Mar 15 03:22 HOSTIP
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     24 Mar 15 03:22 HOSTNAME
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  27137 Mar 15 03:22 INPUTMSG
-rw-------  1 root  wheel   4775 Mar 15 03:22 NEWBODY
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     13 Mar 15 03:22 QUEUEID
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     42 Mar 15 03:22 RECIPIENTS
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     21 Mar 15 03:22 SENDER
----------  1 root  wheel      0 Mar 15 03:22 STDERR
drwx------  2 root  wheel    512 Mar 15 03:22 Work

./Work:
total 21
-rw-------  1 root  wheel   3440 Mar 15 03:22 msg-9311-1.txt
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  16627 Mar 15 03:22 msg-9311-2.exe

and a typical qdir-* directory has:

-rw-------  1 root  wheel    416 Mar 15 03:22 HEADERS
-rw-------  1 root  wheel    204 Mar 15 03:22 MSG.1
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  16627 Mar 15 03:22 PART.1.BODY
-rw-------  1 root  wheel    176 Mar 15 03:22 PART.1.HEADERS
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     42 Mar 15 03:22 RECIPIENTS
-rw-------  1 root  wheel     21 Mar 15 03:22 SENDER

I can't figure out why it's not removing these files.

PS - Thanks for the help previously about my "Can't locate loadable object
for module Digest::SHA1" problem.  I copied SHA1.so into /usr/lib and it
works fine now.

--
Doug McCarthy
Sendmail Product Engineer               And this is artificial moonlight...
doug.firewall.mccarthy at intel.com