[Mimedefang] html to text

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Tue Mar 12 10:01:24 EST 2002

Anomy::HTML mainly 'cleans' up the HTML message, disabling things such
as javascript within the HTML email and other offending items within email.

 From the Anomy::HTML web page (mailtools.anomy.net):
Other things it can do:

    * Disable potentially dangerous HTML code, such as javascript,
      within incoming email.
    * Protect you from email-based break-in attempts which exploit bugs
      in common email programs (Outlook, Eudora, Pine, ...).
    * Block or "mangle" attachments based on their file names. This way
      if you don't need to recieve e.g. visual basic scripts, then you
      don't have to worry about the security risk they imply (the
      ILOVEYOU virus was a visual basic program). This lets you protect
      yourself and your users from whole classes of attacks, without
      relying on complex, resource intensive and outdated virus scanning
      solutions.

It will not convert HTML to plain text...  You will need another program
to handle that conversion, but I haven't gone down that route.. :)

-Rich

Richard West                            mailto:richard.west at divatv.com
Sr. Systems Administrator
Diva - Princeton, NJ                    http://www.divatv.com