[Mimedefang] Timeout on large attachments

Mickey Hill mickey at rudolphtire.com
Mon Mar 11 15:06:02 EST 2002

> Is it worth modifying the C code to put a limit on the size
> of messages
> passed to the Perl code?  In other words, some command-line parameter
> which says "If message is > X MB, just accept it"?  Or is this
> dangerous feature-creep? :-)

Maybe it would be helpful to know exactly where the timeout was
occurring.  My mimedefang.pl doesn't scan the message at all (no virus,
no spam, nothing) if the message is over 100K.  If the timeout is
between sendmail and the incoming side of mimedefang (the c part),
mimedefang wouldn't know the size of the message until after the timeout
had occurred, and by then it would be too late.  Am I on the right track
here?  How can I figure out where the timeout is occurring?

Mickey Hill
Rudolph's Inc
2021 Rob Mason Rd
PO Box 69