[Mimedefang] example virus filters, and Sendmail 8.12.2 patch

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Mar 5 09:33:34 EST 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Eric Fehr wrote:

> Can someone please point me in the right direction?  I'm guessing there
> was a good reason that the files are no longer there, but can't figure
> out what it is :)

Sorry; I will add an example call to a virus-scanner in the next
release.  Here are examples if you have NAI.  Read mimedefang-filter(5)
for other virus-scanners.

In filter_begin:

	my($code, $category, $action) = message_contains_virus_nai();
	if ($action eq "tempfail") {
		action_tempfail("Problem with virus scanner: $VirusScannerMessages");
	}
	$VirusFound = ($category eq "virus");

In filter:

	if ($VirusFound) {
		$VirusScannerMessages = "";
		my($code, $category, $action) =
			entity_contains_virus_nai($entity);
		if ($action eq "tempfail") {
			return action_tempfail("Problem with virus scanner: $VirusScannerMessages");
		}
		if ($action eq "quarantine") {
			return action_quarantine($entity,
				"Virus detected: $VirusScannerMessages");
		}
	}

> Also, the patch from the main page for Sendmail 8.12.2 will break
> milter.

Which patch is that?