[Mimedefang] Notify sender: need to check for empty sender (postmaster notify)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun Mar 3 10:39:44 EST 2002

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Martin Bene wrote:

> mimedefang[15535]: Error from multiplexor: <>... User unknown

The problem seems to be that Sendmail is printing to stdout, which is
confusing the multiplexor.  I will fix this by directing stdout to /dev/null
in the child process.  Mail to <> will still fail, but it won't mess
up the filter.

> Now im just not sure where/how to best check for this - Either
> action_notify_admin or signal_complete should be OK, I'll probably
> stick a fix in signal_complete:

>     # Send notification to sender, if required
>     if (-r "NOTIFICATION" && $Sender ne "<>") {

That's a good fix.

> Another thing I just noticed: in action_notify_administrator, the
> action flag notify_sender gets incremented:
> $Actions{'notify_sender'}++;

That's a typo.  I have fixed it for the next release.