[Mimedefang] action_bounce with MIMEDefang 2.15 beta 1

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jun 7 17:18:54 EDT 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Ken March wrote:

> It was my filter.  I had a stray \n being tacked on the end of the virus
> name (oh how I loathe perl).  2.12 didn't seem to mind it, but I guess
> 2.15 does.

Yes; with the new C <--> Perl interface, all the characters are kept.
Before, a stray "\n" was ignored, but now everything counts.  If you
transmit a "\n", it gets encoded as "%0A" and turned back to a literal
"\n" in the C code.  Sendmail obviously gets upset with reply-code
text containing "\n" and ignores it.