[Mimedefang] Easy way to tell message is sent from local machine?

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Fri Jun 7 13:19:11 EDT 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Justin King wrote:
> I do the following.
>
> global:
> $LocalRelayAddrs{"1.2.3.4"} = 1;
> $LocalRelayAddrs{"1.2.3.5"} = 1;
> $LocalRelayAddrs{"1.2.4.3"}  = 1;
>
> filter_begin:
> if ((-s "./INPUTMSG") <= (100 * 1024) and $Features{"SpamAssassin"} and
> !(exists $LocalRelayAddrs{$RelayAddr})) {
> ...handle spam check...
> }

Yeah, that'll work great for known IP's.

One problem is that I have a ton of dialup users authenticating via
sendmail and then sending out.. I can't add all their IP's (I have no idea
where they will be coming from), but is there a way in MimeDefang to tell
if the user has authenticated to Sendmail? Not even sure is Sendmail
passes this info, but hey, it's worth a shot.  :)