[Mimedefang] newbie: virus-scanning

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jun 28 09:41:25 EDT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> I'm actually thinking about gzipped HTML attachments, that are happily
> automatically uncompressed by Mozilla and displayed without writing the
> file onto disk - it least I haven't found none in the moz-cache nor /tmp.

Stupid Mozilla! I would file a bug report on mozilla's site -- this is
a really dumb thing to do for security reasons.  What is the MIME type
of a compressed HTML part?

I suppose you could check for this case and uncompress it.  It should
be fairly straightforward to code in Perl or even a shell script.  I'll
leave it up to the loyal readers of this list. :-)