[Mimedefang] Message not scanned by SpamAssassin...

Vincent Jaussaud tatooin at kelkoo.com
Fri Jun 28 07:21:21 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 22:09, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Fox, Randy wrote:
>
> > I've had similar issues and have been trying to work around them.
> > As I recall, if MIMEDefang sees the Xscanned-By header, it doesn't
> > scan the messages again.
>
> Yikes!  No no no!  MIMEDefang ALWAYS scans messages coming in via
> SMTP, otherwise a trivial way around it would be to forge an X-Scanned-By:
> header.
>
> What happens is if there is *already* an X-Scanned-By: header with the
> same version number, MD won't add another one.  If you want
> reassurance that all messages are scanned on a particular host, add
> this in filter_end:
>
> sub filter_end {
> 	action_add_header("X-Scanned-On", "my-hostname-goes-here");
> }

Then something isn't working for me :(
I have 2 mail server, one is running MIMEDefang 2.7 (let's call it A),
while the other one is running MIMEDefang 2.15 (let's call it B).

When a mail pass through both mail servers (from B first, then through
A), each MIMEDefang process add it's own header, so it's working fine in
that case (since both MIMEDefang version are different)

However, when the mail pass from A first (2.7) then to B (2.15), I only
have this header:

mimedefang)

I also have the following (strange) header added:

(??)

The header which should have been added my MD 2.15 running on B is
missing; although the mail has been checked by MIMEDefang running on B.
(I'm 100% sure of this)

Is there anything I'm missing there ?
Server A (redhat 6.2) is running MD 2.7 + SA 2.01 + File::Scan 0.31.
Server B (redhat 7.3) is running MD 2.15 + SA 2.31 + File::Scan 0.31.
Both A & B are running Sendmail 8.12.4

No special modifications where done on the default MD filter provided.

Any clue ?