[Mimedefang] Message not scanned by SpamAssassin...

Fox, Randy Randy_Fox at csgsystems.com
Thu Jun 27 15:58:20 EDT 2002

> Is it possible MIMEDefang is not
> scanning all messages for spam?  I've included my mimedefang-filter so you
> can see what I'm doing.

I've had similar issues and have been trying to work around them.  As I recall, if MIMEDefang sees the Xscanned-By header, it doesn't scan the messages again.  That's fine for messages that get stuck in the queue and sendmail ends up processing multiple times before the destination server is finally back on line.  However, what happens if two domains are both using the same version of MIMEDefang?  How does it determine whether it added the server or whether the server that it received the message from added the header?  Now that we're getting more sophisticated and doing more and different things with our filters, somehow MIMEDefang needs to be careful about which server/domain adds the header.

In my case, I'm testing new filter functions on my own test box but I'm using the same version of MD on our production servers.  Since I upgraded these servers, my test box hasn't caught a single piece of SPAM mail.

Randy