[Mimedefang] newbie: virus-scanning

Ken March ken at implant.net
Wed Jun 26 12:49:18 EDT 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> 1) Why does some examples use $VirusFound = message_contains_virus() and
> then scan each entity again if $VirusFound? So why not do either? Or when
> message_**() finds a virus, why not act right away?

>From what I understand, it really depends on what you want to do.  If you
want to just quarantine infected attachments, then you'll want to scan
using entity_contains_virus().  If you want to quarantine the entire
message regardless if it was only one attachment infected or not, then
use message_contains_virus().

Personally I just use message_contains_virus() and do an action_bounce()
if one is found.

-ken