[Mimedefang] fetchmail and mimedefang for antivirus

Jim Shewmaker jims at csnradio.com
Tue Jun 25 12:16:06 EDT 2002

Hi all,
  First, thanks for mimedefang, it's great!  Second, thanks to whoever was
involved with bringing it to the FreeBSD ports collection.

  Ok, so I've got fetchmail rigged to collect from email accounts, the
problem is, it attemps to dump the mail at port 25, mimedefang does its job
and rejects it.  The problem is that fetchmail can't flush the old message
from the original server since it can't finish it's job, and it tries to get
it again and again, every time sending my virus notification email to the
originator.

  Anybody experience something like this?  Can I just have fetchmail dump it
to the mail folder?  If so, then I need an output filter, not just an input
one, so when I POP off of my box's account, it filters there?  I would like
to avoid writing a script that goes in and uses POP to delete the message,
since I imagine that would be quirky under heavy use.  Any ideas or
suggestions?  Thanks again.

Jim Shewmaker
ITS Manager
CSN International